Welcome to "Carter On The Go! "
“Carter on the Go” is Carter Bank & Trust’s free online and mobile banking. While we’d love to see you in person, there are times when you need the convenience of banking from home, work or on the go. “Carter on the Go” is our newest location, “anywhere,” with new hours, “anytime.”
Giving you the most convenient options to bank with us is another example that being your Lifetime Financial Partner is our priority and a privilege.
To access “Carter on the Go,” follow these Three Quick Steps:
- Provide us your email address and mobile phone number either by calling our Customer Contact Center, 833.ASK.CBAT or 833.275.2228 or visiting one of our 100+ branches throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
Once we have your email and mobile number, continue with steps two and three.
- For online banking, go to CarterBankandTrust.com and within the “Carter on the Go” designated area, click on “Enroll Here” as a new user.
For our business customers, we ask that you reach out to one of our branch managers or customer service representatives to see if “Carter on the Go” is the right online banking option for you. If you are wanting to use Automated Clearing House (ACH) network or wire services, then our Carter Commercial Center may be your best online banking option. Details on the launch of our Carter Commercial Center will be coming out soon.
- For mobile banking, from your mobile device, simply download the “Carter on the Go” app from either the App Store or Google Play. Once you have downloaded your app, you can now save time and gas money by easily depositing checks from anywhere at anytime.
Your Bank Accounts:
- Access your accounts with our biometric sign in capabilities.
- Activate “Fast Balance” feature to view your accounts prior to sign in.
- Quickly review account activity, balances, statements and check images.
- Easily transfer money between Carter Bank & Trust accounts.
- Stay on schedule with custom alerts with email or text notifications.¹
- Save time and gas money with “Carter on the Go,” mobile deposits.
- Schedule or pay bills directly from home, work or while “on the go.”
- Budget, monitor spending and establish savings goals.
- Compile your accounts internally and externally from other banks for a complete financial view.
- Categorize transactions automatically so that you can see where your money goes and help you take control of your spending.
¹Alerts received as text messages on your mobile device may incur a charge from your mobile phone service provider.
"Carter on the Go" Mobile
With the “Carter on the Go” Mobile App you not only have all the same great features you have with “Carter on the Go” online, but also the ability to deposit checks right from your smartphone or tablet, anywhere, anytime. It’s fast and simple to use.
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet and select deposit check.
- The endorsement on the back of the check will be your normal check endorsement, such as your signature, and just below that must include “FOR ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT TO CB&T”.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check with your mobile device.
- Select the account where the you wish to deposit the funds and enter the amount.
- Tap on confirm. Deposit made.
Learning all of our online and mobile banking features is quick and easy. Watch our videos below.
eSwitch2Carter, powered by ClickSwitch
If you are like so many of our customers who want to switch their checking or savings accounts to us from another financial institution, but don’t want to deal with all the hassles of moving your direct deposits and automatic payments, we have a solution for you.
“eSwitch2Carter” is our fast, secure and easy online switch “direct deposit and automatic payments” service; and as with the online and mobile banking channel, this service is free. To get started, call 833.ASK.CBAT (833.275.2228) or visit on our branches to enroll to gain access to our “eSwitch2Carter” portal. It’s that simple.