If you are in a financial position to have a higher balance in your savings or interest checking account, you may want to consider our money market account. Money markets offer you the benefits of both traditional savings and interest checking accounts. You get convenient access to your money while earning higher rates on your larger saving balances.
So how are money market accounts different from CDs? As mentioned above, they provide easy access to your money with check writing privileges while earning a higher interest than your savings and interest checking accounts. Typically, CDs have higher interest rates than money market accounts and may have penalties apply if you withdraw money before a CD’s maturity date.
- No annual Fee
- Tiered interest rates based on your balance, starting at $2,500*
- Check writing privileges to access funds**
- Unlimited in-person withdrawals in any Carter Bank & Trust location
Balance Computation Method
- The daily balance method is used to calculate the interest on your account. This applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
- Interest is compounded monthly by crediting interest to your account on the last day of each statement period.
Click on the Harland Clarke image below to reorder checks
* For our current interest rates, please contact one of our convenient branch locations. Visit our locations page to find the branch closest to you.
**By law, you may make no more than six (6) transfers or withdrawals from your account each month. Exceptions to this are transactions or withdrawals made by mail, messenger, ATM or in person. Fees may reduce earnings.