Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard®
The Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard® is a powerful tool that makes banking and shopping worldwide safer and more convenient. We offer the option of a personal debit card with all our checking accounts. To provide you with the safety and convenience of making all your purchases faster and easier by paying directly from your checking account
Chip Technology Makes an Already Secure Card Even Safer
We’re pleased to introduce the added security of chip technology to your Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard®. Chip cards have a microchip embedded in the card that provides increased protection against fraud.
Your chip card comes with technology that is already in use around the world, and has been proven to reduce counterfeit fraud.
Shop with confidence – at home and around the world – knowing that the chip in your card can help protect you from fraud while opening up the world for you.
Debit Card Fraud Alerts
Carter Bank & Trust’s Debit Mastercard gives you a convenient, safer alternative to using cash and checks. With our debit card fraud monitoring notification system, we monitor card transactions 24/7 for suspicious activity; and when warranted offer two types of alert notifications, phone calls and text messages.
- Automated fraud alert phone call from 800.279.2674 upon detection.
- When alert call is received, prompts for action given, including the option to speak with a person.
- No required enrollment. Automated calls are sent automatically upon fraud detection.
- For faster notification of fraud alerts, receiving text messaging is available.
- Required enrollment to receive fraud alert text messages. To enroll, respond “YES” to enrollment text message.
- Once enrolled, if no response to text message, an alert phone call will be sent. To stop receiving fraud alert text messages, simply select, “STOP,” in any alert message or visit your branch or call 833.ASK.CBAT or (833).275.2228.
Chip Cards are Easy to Use
Your Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard® is a convenient and secure way to shop with assurances anywhere at any time. All consumer checking accounts come with a free Debit MasterCard®.
- At retailers with chip-enabled terminals. Insert your card and follow the prompts on the terminal.
- At retailers without chip terminals. Swipe your card and proceed as you normally would.
- Over the phone or online. Provide your card information the way you always have when you’re ready to make a purchase.
The Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard® may be used to make everyday purchases at millions of places worldwide where Debit MasterCard® is accepted, including:
- Department Stores
- Internet Merchants
- Doctor’s Offices
- Airlines and Hotels
- Grocery Stores
- Gas Stations
Purchase amounts are automatically deducted from your checking account so you won’t incur interest charges, accumulate debt, or create monthly bills to pay.
From Internet and cell phone to health club dues and commuter passes, service providers are offering the convenience of automatic bill payments. Call these businesses to set up automatic payments using the Debit MasterCard® to ensure your recurring bills are paid on time, every time.
Each time you use the CB&T Debit MasterCard® for a purchase or any other transaction, information about the transaction will be listed on your checking account statement. With each purchase, you will have a record of the merchant name, the purchase date, and the amount spent – information that can make it easier to track your spending and manage your budget.
Exchange rates for cash access at international ATMs are often better than the rates available at foreign banks and currency exchange kiosks. Often there are favorable exchange rates when making purchases at millions of locations abroad where Debit MasterCard® is accepted.
Using the Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard® is safer than carrying a lot of cash and more convenient than writing checks. Shop with confidence–on the Internet, by phone, or in person. If your card is lost or stolen, or if your card number is used without your permission, you will have zero liability for unauthorized purchases.
Your Carter Bank & Trust Debit MasterCard® card may be used to withdraw cash from your account at more than a million ATMs around the world.
Most owners of ATMs charge a fee for using their ATM. The ATM will notify you how much their fee is and allow you to stop before the fee is charged.
Carter Bank & Trust does not charge a fee for using your card or for using an ATM. Any fee charged by a third party will be passed on to you.
When cash is needed, make a purchase at a store – select “DEBIT”, enter the PIN, and request Cash Back. Most chain stores offer this option which eliminates a stop at the ATM and No Fees – saving time and money!