Sponsorships & Contributions
We are guided by our mission statement: “At Carter Bank & Trust, we strive to be the preferred lifetime financial partner for our customers and shareholders, and the employer of choice in the communities we are privileged to serve.” We are committed to being part of creating a positive community impact in the areas where we live, work and play.
Our priority is combatting financial instability in our service areas throughout Virginia and North Carolina. We define financial instability as another way to describe poverty. Financial instability impacts workplace productivity, healthcare access and costs, children’s ability to learn and public policy decisions. Therefore, our areas of support fall within one or more of the following categories:
- Affordable housing
- Community services
- Activities that promote economic development
- Activities that revitalize or stabilize a geographic area
- Essential services
- Financial capacity building
Sponsorships also may be used to help advance some of our marketing strategies to raise our public profile, cultivate relationships and/or offer networking opportunities for our employees.
Requests for contributions and sponsorships are accepted year round. Decisions may take between two and four weeks. All requests must be made using our Contributions and Sponsorship Management System. Within this system, basic contact information and background on your organization will be requested, along with details about your request and/or potential volunteer opportunities for our employees.
- Recognized by the IRS as a 501©3 organization or political subdivision eligible for charitable contributions.
- Must be benefiting one of our service regions.
We will not fund:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected class.
- For profit organizations.